Mar Thoma Yuvajana Sakhyam Kendra Kalamela will be on 2014 Jan 10, 11 at the Mar Thoma Youth Centre, Adoor.
Items in competition
1. Solo (M&F)
2. Group Song
3. Instrumental – A. Wind, B.String, C.Organ (5 minutes each)
4. Elocution- English & Malayalam (5 minutes)
5. Bible Reading- English, Malayalam
6. Essay Writing- English, Malayalam (30 minutes)
7. Story Writing- English, Malayalam (30 minutes)
8. Poem Writing- English, Malayalam (30 minutes)
9. Recitation- English, Malayalam (7 minutes)
10. Mimicry- 5 minutes
11. Fancy Dress- 2 minutes
12. Tableau (Team)- 1 minute
13. Clay Modelling- 30 minutes
14. Quiz- 30 minutes
15. Pencil Drawing- 30 minutes
16. Painting- 45 minutes
17. Cartoon- 30 minutes
18. Margomkali (Male &Female)- 30 minutes
19. Group Dance-
20. Ekanka Nadakom- 30 minutes
Rules & Regulations
1. Only those who have Sakhyam membership in 2013 are eligible to participate in the Kalamela.
2. Participants are divided into 2 groups:
Group 1- Members born on 1 January 1996 and after.
Group 2- Born on and in between 1 January 1979 and 31 December 1995 (not applicable for group items).
3. Registration fee: Individual item Rs.25 and Group item Rs.100.
4 .An individual can participate in 4 items.
5. Music competition will be judged according to the tune given in the CD published by DSMC.
6. 7 to 14 members can be included in group song. Instrument can only be used for noting the pitch (Song could be sung in parts also).
7. Electronic instruments are not allowed in wind/string (instrumental) music. Organ shall be provided by the organisers.
8. The topic for elocution, story writing, poem writing, painting, pencil drawing, cartoon will be given 10 minutes prior to these competitions.
9. There can be 5 to 14 members in group dance and margamkali. Competition shall be separate for male and female. Only Christian songs may be used for the same.
10. Quiz comprises 50% of the questions from the Bible and from General knowledge respectively (Bible portion- 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 1& 2 Timothy).
11. Maximum of 9 and 7 members shall participate in One-act play and Tableau respectively. Three copies of script of the One-act play must be produced along with the registration form. It must be of Christian values.
12. An individual must score a minimum of 13 points in order to be awarded Kalaprathiba & Kalathilakam. Points scored by the group shall not be considered in this case.
13. The decision of the judges and the organizing committee will be final.
14. Centre and diocesan levels competitions shall be conducted within 30th October and 30th November 2013 respectively.
15. Clay used in clay modelling must purely be natural and no chemical substances should be allowed to mix with it. The list of names of the eligible participants in the Kendra Kalamela from the diocesan level shall be submitted to the Sakhyam office in the prescribed form by 20 December 2013, undersigned by the diocesan president and secretary.